Father Time can sometimes be cruel. If you’re a man who has recently turned 40 years of age, you may have noticed your energy level isn’t what it used to be. This can affect everything from the way you feel when you wake up in the morning all the way down to your sexual performance. From the time you turn 30, you will begin to experience a gradual decline in testosterone levels. Testosterone is the male hormone which serves a catalyst for sex drive, building muscle mass and providing the energy level needed to live a healthy and productive life. Low testosterone levels can cause the following problems.
- Erectile dysfunction
- Loss of muscle mass
- Weaker bones
- Hair Loss
- Psychological problems
Hypogonadism is the term often used for men suffering from low testosterone. There are two types. Primary hypogonadism occurs when there is a problem in the testicles. Secondary hypogonadism indicates there may be a neurological problem in which the brain has trouble signaling the production of testosterone. There are also several underlying factors including:
- Age: The production of testosterone decreases after the age of 30
- Cancer: Treatments: Chemotherapy can reduce testosterone levels resulting in infertility
- Obesity: Obese men are more prone diabetes and heart disease
- Pituitary gland disease: This gland is responsible for producing testosterone
- Unhealthy hypothalamus: The hypothalamus is a section of brain which signals to the pituitary gland to produce testosterone.
- Injured testicles
Getting older doesn’t have to mean getting worse. The team of physicians at Elite Health Center in Aventura, FL utilizes the latest methods of hormone replacement therapy as well as nutrition and fitness programs to help men regain the vitality of their youth and maintain an active lifestyle. Depending on your hormone deficiencies, our physicians can develop a customized plan to help you achieve your goals. Elite Health Center is for those who refuse to settle for mediocrity. Visit our clinic or call (786) 629-3600 today and schedule a consultation.